Monday 13 August 2012

Swamped Under The Review Pile


Normal posts are the theme of the day, but since when is anything ever normal? How do you define that word? Let's think on that some other time. Right now I want to introduce you to Aurora Martinez, as she blesses us with a guest post this week. 

Stressing Over Reviews.

By Aurora Martinez
Reviews have been an integral part of my blogging. It’s amazing to see all the fabulous writers and then to have them as you for an opinion is just flabbergasting.  I have been a bit remiss on keeping up with them, but I can say in all honesty that it was not without reason. First, I had a bad sort of luck with my “external” technology. I use that term to describe my e-reader and my phone that had an “app” to read.  Well a few weeks ago my e-reader died the deaths of a well-loved electronic that like so many other things its screen cracked.  Then in the space of a week I lost my prized Motorola Cliq 2 that was my “back-up” e-reader with my 32GB SD card inside. I felt like screaming and crying over the loss of my 2000 ebooks, but I didn’t I loaded some new programs on my laptop to assist with what I had left. It is a lot harder to follow but at least I am now reading now. In fact, I just looked at my TBR (To-Be-Read) pile and have found myself some 20 reviews behind.  My heart fell and I know that I must apologize to all my authors awaiting my thoughts.  These days are just passing too quickly and then on top of my loss of technology, real-life is happening. I went from doing absolutely nothing but blogging and reviewing to:
1     1)      Having a successful relationship
2     2)      Starting a business
3     3)      Preparing to move into a new house, that we affectionately call the Tardis (an ode to Doctor Who, it is small on the outside but large on the inside.)
4     4)      Setting a date to release my own book and
5     5)      Working harder to overcome a physical disability, through a series of stretching, pain medicines and minty muscle rubs (it will never be normal, but I am doing what I can to make things more manageable.)
Things are looking up my dear Authors and friends; I will review your books soon. I’m moving my spotlights to a weekly thing in November so that I can get caught up on reviews, as well as adding any new ones.  It has been a wild ride. I hope you can all hold on for just a few more weeks before things become a little stable. I do stress a little; you know how life really likes to throw us curve balls. With that last thought I bid you Adieu and pray that you understand my predicament.



Bio:
I have always been a writer. When I first learned to write in Kindergarten, I wrote about pigs who "groo" wings and became "butterfys." I knew way back then that I would have a love affair with writing. It over took my life and has been a constant companion. Now over 20 years later, that love flows over into writing blogs, reviews, poetry and fantasy novels.


No comments:

Post a Comment