Saturday 5 November 2011

NaNoWriMo Progress - Week 1

Well we're almost what? A week into NaNoWriMo's mad month and after 4 days of writing I'm already sitting at 42025 thousand words. Someone wake my up now and tell me how that's even possible!!!

OK so I may have gone over the score and become committal within the first week but come on, who wouldn't if they had the time and the ideas flowing to get it done?

As I've mentioned before, this is my first ever NaNo attempted to write a 50k or more novel in 30 days. It doesn't matter if it's not complete come the 30th but you do need to have hit that 50k mark, which if all goes to plan and forms nicely then that will be tomorrow evening where I could probably have Sunday off as a reward for dying during nano who knows.

So yea.... hey it turns out, I now need to go and insert another chapter which means instead of having another 5 to work through, I have to extend that to 6. The new inserted chapter wont be long but this character has some forgiving to do before he can move on, it's not all bad he's very thankful too.

Where am I now... Oh yea I'm currently in the process of finishing chapter 8 which would have taken me on to the pre-planned chapter nine, which incidentally needs to become chapter 10.

So any way yea that's how it's at right now on the... what day is it... Friday/Saturday ... OK Saturday the 5th and it's roughly 4:39am. I should be sleeping but here I am, making record of my progress in what's been 4 days of writing, with another coming up as soon as I pull myself out of bed and have something to eat.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! You've done so well and really pushed yourself. Wonderful! I look forward to seeing you reach your 50,000 words very soon.

    The chapter thing - I have to rearrange some of mine, but I'm not going to worry about that now. I'm just writing as things come to me, & that's what's working for me.

    Again, way to go! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats amazing! I'm in awe. How do you have that kind of time? And so much inspiration!? Well, I think it's clear: You need to set aside a week for noveling more often. You've clearly got the mind it takes to be a novelist.

    Great job :)

    ReplyDelete